Monday, July 7, 2008

THE MOUNT...

Well, I climbed The Mount today! I went with 3 of the Napier Aimers to the top of Mt. Maunganui (an old inactive volcano here next to the beach). It took us about a a half hour roughly to climb up it and probably about as long to climb down. Me and one other girl climbed down through the bush on a trail and then down the grassy hill on the other side where a bunch of sheep reside. All together, I fell about 4 times in the bush down a wet trail, fell in a sticker bush once, grabbed a sticker bush instead of the fence once, and did the splitz twice and scared some sheep away. It was quite an adventure, but a fun one!
It was cool to finally reach the top of the Mount because you can see the whole peninsula and ocean on both sides from that spot. It was cool to look down on a huge part of the city and the houses that go on for KILOMETERS AND KILOMETERS! I just looked at the city thinking "man, we have our work cut out for us!" I was reminded however by one of the Napier girls that God will never give you a task or face you with something that you CAN'T handle. What I am here, now, and forever IS ENOUGH to do God's work. We all DO have what it takes, we just need to let God take a hold on us and use us as He wishes! I know God is watching over our city! I have climbed and conquered the mount and looked on as far as the eye can see, but I'm so glad to know that God is even higher and he can reach out and hold the whole country in His hand if He wanted to! Even The Mount is small for how HUGE our God is!
(Pictures to come...)

No comments: